[R] install R under suse: packages dependency

Detlef Steuer detlef.steuer at hsu-hamburg.de
Thu May 4 09:21:34 CEST 2006

You should be able to use the ncurses interface in ssh or you can try to login in with
ssh -X to enable X11 forwarding.

Look here
 http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/178/42/
for some introductory material about installation sources for SuSE.
You need these for gfortran etc.

You can add http://fawn.hsu-hh.de/~steuer/SL-10.0-OSS as installation
source for R and ESS. Or still better:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/suse/ReadMe.html