[R] Package configure

Øystein Godøy o.godoy at met.no
Fri May 5 11:29:40 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am probably doing something wrong, but have run out of ideas to check and
have not found anything on the web.

I am building some R-packages accessing EUMETSAT NWCSAF PPS and EUMETSAT
OSISAF HDF5 products. To ensure portability I have attempted to use autoconf.
This is my first attempt to use autoconf and  followed the description within
"Writing R-packages".

The problem is that when I run configure manually, it generates the Makevars
file as requested. However, when I run it through the R interface as:

R CMD INSTALL
--configure-args="--with-satimg=/home/steingod/software/libs/libsatimg
--with-osihdf5=/home/steingod/software/libs/libosihdf
--with-hdf5=/disk1/hdf5lib-1p6p4" osisaf_0.1.tar.gz

it fails to substitute LDFLAGS. CPPFLAGS, CFLAGS and LIBS are working fine.
Have anyone experienced similar trouble? Any help would be much appreciated.

Best
Øystein
--
Dr. Oystein Godoy