[R] extract p-value from urppTest

Anne Katrin Heinrichs heinrichs at dkrz.de
Fri May 5 17:45:15 CEST 2006

Dear List,

How do I pick the p-value out of the urppTest result?

For adfTest the p-value can be extracted by

  A2 at test$p.value

following

  A2 <- adfTest(myData[,i], lags=2, type=c("c"))

What do I do for urppTest? The above doesn't seem to work. There is a slot @test with
$output, which is a list of various test results that didn't want to give away only the
p-value (I'm fairly new to R, so this might well be my fault).

I thought I had found a way around this by

 # dissolve testresult into lines
	listasvectors <- unlist(P1 at test$output)

 # pick the line containing p-value
      getpvalue <- unlist(strsplit(listasvectors[17], " "))

 # isolate the p-value (number only)
	getpvalue[14]

However, I'm doing this in a loop and it seems for each test result there is a different
number of entries or seperators " ". For example, "<" sometimes ends up being displayed as
the p-value.

I'd be very happy about any help on how to extract the p-value.

Thanks,
Katrin