[R] gstat no longer handles 1-D data

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Sat May 6 10:28:02 CEST 2006

On Fri, 5 May 2006, Rick Bilonick wrote:

> Has anyone else noticed that gstat no longer handles 1-D data?

Thanks for this report, writing directly to the package maintainer or the
R-sig-geo list might have been a better choice than R-help

The problem does exist, but can be worked round by inserting a constant
second dimension:

library(gstat)
data(meuse)
meuse$constY <- rep(1,nrow(meuse))
coordinates(meuse) = ~ x + constY
variogram(zinc ~ 1, data=meuse)

also leaving out the location formula, and using the coordinates in the
SpatialPointsDataFrame object

Roger