[R] A question about linear optimizaton

Arne Henningsen ahenningsen at agric-econ.uni-kiel.de
Sat May 6 12:11:16 CEST 2006

Dear Cathy,

a few comments to your question:

a) If you want a (linear or non-linear) optimization you need an objective
function that you want to minimize or maximize.

b) There is no unique solution for your problem.

c) In you case you should use algebra rather than a computer. This gives
following solution: X1 = 1/8; X2 = 7/8 - X3 with X3 in (7/16, 3/4) => X2 in
(1/8, 7/16)

Arne

--
Arne Henningsen