[R] R and Java

Brian D Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 9 21:27:34 CEST 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Erin Hodgess wrote:

> Dear R People:
>
> Where are the rJava and SJava packages, please?
>
> I looked for them to download but they are nowhere to be found.

rJava is on CRAN:

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.3/rJava_0.4-1.zip

(The capitalization can cause this to sort in unexpected ways, so you can
miss it in a list.)

> Do they have their own list serves, please?

SJava is part of Omegahat, at

http://www.omegahat.org/RSJava/

I think that there is no Windows binary currently available: if there
were, it would be at http://www.omegahat.org/R/bin/windows/contrib/2.3/
and accessible by choosing Omegahat as a repository from the Packages |
Select Repositories menu.

rJava was a page at http://stats.math.uni-augsburg.de/rJava/

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk