[R] Increase the number of plotting characters in dotplot (lattice)?

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Wed May 10 14:33:02 CEST 2006

Dear list,

I am using the dotplot function of lattice and like it very much.
However, in some of the plots, I have more than 7 categories that I
would like to represent by different plotting characters in the graph,
which is  a problem. For the categories after the 7th, the plotting
characters are recycled, creating a confisuing graph indeed.

So, my question is: how do I increase the number of unique plotting characters?

/Fredrik