[R] importing a list

grazia at stat.columbia.edu grazia at stat.columbia.edu
Wed May 10 19:05:00 CEST 2006

Robert,
thanks first of all.
Actually, the txt file I want to read as a list is like that:

$y
$y$mod.1
[1] "impute.1.y=glm(I(y>0)~x+ z+ w,family=binomial(link =logit),data=
data)"

$y$mod.2
[1] "impute.2.y=lm(I(log (y))~x+ z+ w,subset=y>0)"

$x
[1] "impute.x=lm(x~y+ z+ w, data= data)"

$z
[1] "impute.z=lm(z~y+ x+ w,data= data)"

that is a list of 4 elements with the first element
a list as well.

To save the file I'm using this function:

list2ascii <- function(x,
file=paste(deparse(substitute(x)),".txt",sep="")) {

    tmp.wid = getOption("width")
    options(width=10000)
    sink(file)
    print(x)
    sink()
    options(width=tmp.wid)
    return(invisible(NULL))
    }

So, I should read it using
read.fwf("models.txt", width=getOption("width"))

The problem is that I'm not getting back a list!
Probably I have to play with write.table?!!
thanks,
grazia