[R] identify high dimension data point

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Wed May 10 20:15:34 CEST 2006

The tkBrush function in the TeachingDemos package may help.  If you just
want to see where a selected point apears in each of the pairwise plots
based on selecting it in 1 plot then this function will do that for you
(note it depends on having installed the tcltk package as well).

If you need the index of a selected point then you can do something
like:

out1 <- tkBrush(mydata)

# now select the point of interest, click to make the change persistent.

which(out1$col != 'black')  # this gives the observation (row) number

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center