[R] command completion?

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed May 10 22:21:13 CEST 2006

[Duncan Murdoch]
>[Robert Citek]

>> Does R have command or object name completion?

>[...] I don't think it would be a welcome change to the console
>versions; some of them use readline's filename completion which would
>almost certainly be broken by this.

We have to put things in perspective, here.  In my opinion, object name
completion would be a lot more useful than filename completion, because
in R, we name R objects much more often than we name files.

>Others need to run under ESS.

While this is a good things for Emacs lovers, the requirement is rather
unwelcome for pagans!  :-)

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca