[R] Unique?

Robert Citek rwcitek at alum.calberkeley.org
Wed May 10 23:14:10 CEST 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 4:02 PM, Guenther, Cameron wrote:
> How can I use unique to extract the rows that have repeated tripid's
> only, not a unique value for each variable but only for TRIPID.  I
> then
> want to condense the unique values by summing the CONVUNIT for each
> unique value of TRIPID.

Thanks, Cameron, for this question.  This type of manipulation would
be relatively simple to do in a RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL,
Oracle, etc.)  But I'm curious to see how one would do the same in
R.  So, if folks send you solutions off-list, please do post them
back to the list.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent