[R] Survival analysis

Jacques VESLOT jacques.veslot at good.ibl.fr
Thu May 11 13:50:49 CEST 2006

Dear r-users,

I have longitudinal data with measures and a binary trait (status) made on hundreds of people every
3 years during nine years.

I tried different models but I wonder if it is possible to use survival analysis.

If I take Surv(time, status), I have hundreds of ties and I am not sure it is a nice case to do
survival analysis.

I wonder if I could take Surv(age, status) in a cox model with coxph() or a logrank test for a
genotype factor with survdiff() since people enter the study at different ages which implies
different survival time and thus very few ties.

Actually I can't find similar examples in documentation.

Thanks in advance.

jacques

Jacques VESLOT

CNRS UMR 8090