[R] JGR (Java GUI) on Solaris

Alex Restrepo alex_restrepo at hotmail.com
Thu May 11 16:39:19 CEST 2006

Hi:

I am trying to build the JGR (Java GUI) on a solaris 8 machine.

I started R and I ran the following command:

install.packages(c("JGR","JavaGD","rJava","iWidgets","iplots"),,c("http://cran.r-project.org","http://www.rosuda.org/R/nightly"))

I get the following errors when I  try to install:
make: Fatal error in reader: Makevars, line 3: Unexpected end of line seen
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'JavaGD'
** Removing '/mmrg/usr/local/lib/R/library/JavaGD'

rJava.c:10: error: parse error before "vm1_args"
rJava.c:10: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
rJava.c: In function `initJVM':
rJava.c:92: error: request for member `classpath' in something not a
structure or union
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `rJava.o'
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'rJava'

Has anyone been able to install JGR on a solaris system? If so, do you have
any recommendations.

Many Thanks:

Alex