[R] Using DBI and RMySQL

Robert Citek rwcitek at alum.calberkeley.org
Thu May 11 17:07:40 CEST 2006

On May 11, 2006, at 3:09 AM, Indrajit Sengupta wrote:
> Did you create RMySQL windows binary in the process?

Sorry, but no.  This was done on Mac OS X.  And was done a while ago.

> Can you share it with me?

Wish I could, but I can't.  I don't have a Windows machine.

I'll see if I can reproduce the steps under Knoppix[1].  Then you can
run Knoppix with a Persistent Disk Image (PDI)[2] that contains R,
the DBI, and RMySQL on just about any machine that runs Knoppix.

[1] http://knoppix.net/
[2] http://knoppix.net/wiki/
Customizing_environment_using_4.0.2CD#Persistent_Disk_Image_.28PDI.29

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent