[R] variable row names

COMTE Guillaume g.comte at alliance-ir.net
Tue May 16 17:44:36 CEST 2006

Thks for your answer,

I wish to access colnames by using vars like in my example nom="toto" , if i type toto in R it will display the column named toto with the values that the column keep, i wish the same by typing nom, but in my case it shows the content of the var nom not the values of the column named toto, but "toto".

I can't be more accurate because i'm unable to formulate it an other way.

another example:

I've got a set of colnames :

> nomalarme1
[1] "AirFlowFailure"      "AirSensorFailure"    "GasLeek"
[4] "SuddenPressureDrop"  "InletPressureToLow"  "PressureRiseFailure"
[7] "HoseLeakTestFailure" "o50DCVoltageToLow"

All of these names identify colnames (like AirFlowFailure).

My problem is if i do

For (i in 1:length(nomalarme1))
{
nomalarme1[i]
}
It will display the names of the columns not the datas, is there is something that can tell R to show data's that have for colname nomalarme[i], and not just the colname.

Thks for your answer, i've looked into S-Poetry and it seems that it isn't explained there, but my "poor" english maybe have missed it...

COMTE Guillaume