[R] everytime I download a new version of R, need I reinstall all packages?

Gabor Csardi csardi at rmki.kfki.hu
Wed May 17 02:12:02 CEST 2006

Well,

if you removed your installed packages together with R then of course you
need to reinstall them.... consider installing the packages in a separate
directory, not in the R tree. (I install packages into ~/.R/library on my
Linux box for example.) This way at the next R update you don't need to
reinstall them. (If they are compatible with the new R version.)

Gabor

Csardi Gabor <csardi at rmki.kfki.hu>    MTA RMKI, ELTE TTK