[R] Response to query re: calculating intraclass correlations

Paul Mathews pmathews at apk.net
Wed May 17 17:49:30 CEST 2006

Karl,

If you use one of the specialized packages to calculate your ICC, make sure that you know what you're getting. (I haven't checked the packages out myself, so I don't know either.)

You might want to read David Futrell's article in the May 1995 issue of Quality Progress where he describes six different ways to calculate ICCs from the same data set, all with different interpretations. All of the inputs for these calculations come from the repeated measures analysis which is described in P&B.

Good luck!

P.

Message: 1