[R] How can you buy R?

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri May 19 00:32:15 CEST 2006

>[Damien Joly]

>> The entity has a policy of only using software that has been
>> purchased and "properly licensed" (whatever that means).  [...]
>> Any ideas?

[Rogerio Porto]

>I think there isn't such a vendor.

A while ago, the Cygnus organisation has been created to address this
kind of need, betting on the fact that they could live well by support
contracts on free software, mainly GPL'ed software, which R is.  Since
then, Cygnus has been bought by Redhat, and I do not know if the
original vocation survived, or has been plain lost.  With enough luck,
it could be useful to check on this side, who knows... :-)

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca