[R] help

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fz-rossendorf.de
Fri May 19 12:01:12 CEST 2006

karim99.karim wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> I’am a frensh student and i’am a new user of the R software.
>
> After using the command (x<-read.delim(“clipboard”) to read a spreadsheet of Excel, I want to run the bds test and calculate the Lyapunov exponent. I have charged the R software by the packages tseries and tseriesChaos. when i run bds.test(x,m=2) Unfortunately the R software displays “error in as.vector(x,mode= “double”) : the object (list) can not be automatically converted on double” so what shall I do to run this two tests(lyapunov and bds)? And what is my mistake?
>
> I thank you in advance and I’am waiting forward your e-mail
>
> This si my e-mail: karimmgo at laposte.net
>
> Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ;
> 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34 €/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

seems that the data import failed. probably the exported excel data are
not in a format accepted correctly by read.delim. check this.

alternative (maybe): there is an additional package 'gdata' on CRAN
which you can download and install. it contains a function

read.xls

which can read directly the excel binary format (with some limitations).