[R] SUSE 10.1 64 bit binary

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon May 22 11:43:33 CEST 2006

Daniel Brewer <daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone had created a 64 bit binary for SUSE 10.1
>  x86_64 yet.  Unfortunately, I upgraded before looking whether a package
> was available and now cannot find a suitable package on CRAN.  If noone
> has produced one yet, does anyone have any idea when one will be available?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Daniel Brewer

I would suspect that the one for 10.0 works for 10.1 as well. With
2.3.1 scheduled for June 1, there's little point in asking for an RPM
now.

Otherwise, you can fairly easily build one from sources + Detlef's
.spec file. You may need a handful of build tools, though.

(Incidentally, Detlef: The "Source:" entry in the SPEC is wrong.
cvs.r-project.org is not accessible and hasn't been so for quite a
while.

ftp://cran.r-project.org/pub/R/src/base/R-2/R-%version.tar.gz

works, and is the same used for RedHat/Fedora.)