[R] Problem installing rgdal from source -- Makevars issue

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Mon May 22 23:54:55 CEST 2006

On Mon, 22 May 2006, Thomas Adams wrote:

> I have installed R, contributed packages, and supporting libraries in a
> non-standard location (but under the same sub-directory tree). This was
> necessary for systems reasons beyond my control. When I attempt to use
> Makevars (as shown below) to install rgdal from source, I get the
> following error:
>
> R CMD INSTALL rgdal_0.4-3.tar.gz

This is a rather specific question, I'll reply off-list tomorrow (my
time), because the advice given in the output you can see doesn't help.
The ./configure file cannot know that the rgdal/src/Makevars file has been
set manually, and carries on stopping you.

Questions like this can preferably be sent directly to the package
maintainer.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand