[R] after identify labels dissapear XP

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue May 23 15:11:53 CEST 2006

On 5/23/2006 8:49 AM, Mihai Nica wrote:
> Greetings:
> Using 'identify' to label points on a plot works just fine. However, when
> saving under 'metafile' or using the clipboard the labels dissapear. I
> believe it's an SDI issue. I am running last R with last Tinn-r under XP up
> to date. Anything I can do besides going back to MDI :-)?

I see this inconsistently in the current R-devel and R-patched.  It's
easiest to see with history turned on.  For example,

x <- rnorm(100)
y <- rnorm(100)
plot(x,y)
# make sure history recording is turned on

identify(x,y,1:100)
# Mark a few points, then stop

plot(y, x)
identify(y,x,1:100)
# Mark some more points

# Now hit PgUp to go to the previous page:  sometimes the identifiers
show up, sometimes not.  Hitting PgDn sometimes loses the latest ones.

I haven't spotted what the pattern is in what causes the losses yet.
Mihai, can you put together a recipe that *always* loses the identifiers?

Duncan Murdoch