[R] Manipulating code?

bogdan romocea br44114 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 19:16:10 CEST 2006

Macro stuff à la SAS is something that should be avoided whenever
possible - it's messy, limited, and limiting. (I've done it
ocasionally and it works, but I think it's best not to go there.) Read
the documentation on lists (in particular named lists), and keep
everything in one or more lists. For example:
lst <- list()
for (v in c("var1","var2","var3")) lst[[v]] <- runif(sample(c(50,100),1))
for (v in c("var1","var2","var3")) print(sd(lst[[v]]))