[R] Statistical Power

Ioannis Dimakos idimakos at upatras.gr
Wed May 24 20:15:31 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 20:22, Rick Bilonick wrote:

> Downloading, unzipping the package on to FC4 running R 2.3.0 gives an
> error message about a bad description file when trying to install
> hpower.
>
>> R CMD INSTALL hpower

Indeed, it does so on both my Ubuntu and Win XP boxes.  The problem is
that the DESCRIPTION file does not have a proper "Maintainer" line.  If
you simply add the line:

Maintainer: no-one <noone at nowhere.com>

and follow the "regular" procedures, it should install.  However, I am not
so sure that this is the right thing to do with regards to permissions
etc.  Anyone any advice?

Ioannis
--
Ioannis C. Dimakos, Ph.D.