[R] Dyn or Dynlm and out of sample forecasts

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu May 25 20:27:05 CEST 2006

This is just the ordinary lag.ts function as described in ?lag.ts .
dyn has no lag function and does not itself understand lags.  It
just produces a model frame that has the left and right sides aligned
along time.

One could either regress y ~ lag(y,-1) or regress
lag(y,1) ~ y and get the same coefficients.  The fitted
result will be the same except that the second one
will be lagged in comparison to the first one (which is
why the first is likely preferred).

Compare
   lm1 <- dyn$lm(y ~ lag(y,-1))
   lm1
and
   lm2 <- dyn$lm(lag(y,1) ~ y)
   lm2

and compare fitted(lm1) and fitted(lm2) .

Try

package?dyn

which will point you to the various help files and demos in the package.