[R] Is there a way to draw 3d plot?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri May 26 13:28:48 CEST 2006

On 5/26/2006 3:39 AM, Antonio, Fabio Di Narzo wrote:
> 2006/5/26, Michael <comtech.usa at gmail.com>:

>>> functions

>>> onto

>>> (1) See ?persp
>>>
>>> (1) *and* (2): See package "rgl".
>>>
>>> Uwe Ligges
>>>

>>> Thanks a lot,
>> But a glance at "rgl" seems requireing "shape", etc... and very
>> complicated...
>>
>> Any easier approaches?
>>
>> "persp" does not allow me to use mouse to rotate....

> Have you seen the example in 'rgl' man page?
> It seems sufficient something like:
> rgl.surface(x,y,z)
>
> In that example, is also showed how to colorize the surface.

And an in-development update to rgl adds a number of new routines with
interfaces similar to ones from the graphics package.  For example,
persp3d is probably what Michael wants.

If you like playing with experimental versions and don't mind having
defaults changing with new releases, etc., you can download a recent
build from

http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software

Bug reports and suggestions about the new stuff would be welcome.

Duncan