[R] variation on vioplot?

Karin Lagesen karin.lagesen at medisin.uio.no
Mon May 29 11:38:43 CEST 2006

I have been using the package vioplot to make
boxplot/densityplots. Now I am looking for a variation of this, and I
was wondering if someone could give me any tips on how to do what I
want.

I have nine groups of values, each group containing two sets of
numbers which show the difference between two values, such as this:

Start dev          Stop dev
-1                 10
5                  -2
0                  -4

and so on.

This has uptil now been shown as vioplots with start deviation above
the other, and I have had three groups within each vioplot.

I would now like to have these two next to each other, each with their
own zero point. Does anybody have any tips on how to achieve this?

Any help much appreciated.

Karin
--
Karin Lagesen, PhD student