[R] OT: Monograph on Statistical Programming

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Tue May 30 04:17:02 CEST 2006

I'd say most books on statistical computing would sort of fit your
description, but few will have code examples.  The ones I have (and liked)
are Thisted, Monahan (which has Fortran code available), and the Handbook of
Statistical Computing (edited volume).  Prof. Gentle has at least two
volumes in a series published so far as well (recently, not the one from
1980).  I'm sure there are a few others.

HTH,
Andy

  _____