[R] Running R

Pramod Anugu pramod.r.anugu at jsums.edu
Wed May 31 16:39:16 CEST 2006

Still the same problem after changing the step 5
 I have downloaded R-2.3.0.tar.gz for Linux 64 bit processor
 1. Untar  tar -zxvf R-2.3.0.tar.gz
 2. changed the directory to the newly created directory R-2.3.0
 3. Typed ./configure
 4. Typed make
 5. Typed make install
 6. Typed  R

 Fatal error: unable to open the base package
 I get the error message. Please advice