[R] Installing RMySQL on Solaris

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 31 22:50:59 CEST 2006

Install libz from www.zlib.net.

Note that it is not finding your MySQL libs either, so you need to specify
a path to the those and may be it will find libz in the same place.  It is
even possible that you do not have a developer installation of MySQL.

`Solaris' is vague, and MySQL is not a standard Solaris component so you
need to work out how to tell RMySQL where you (or someone else) put MySQL.