[R] How to find further informations on specific options?

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Nov 1 08:49:47 CET 2006

On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, zhijie zhang wrote:

> Dear friends,
>   When i read the R-help , i often find the following case:
> e.g.:surf.gls(np, covmod, x, y, z, nx = 1000, ...)  #Package Spatial:
>
> Arguments:
>
>   covmod: function to evaluate covariance or correlation function
>    *     ...: parameters for 'covmod'*
>
> How should i find the further information on "*...: parameters for 'covmod'*" ?
>  I use the ?covmod, but can't find the information.
> Could anybody give me the general method to do so?

The spatial package is documented in full in Venables & Ripley (2002)
Modern Applied Statistics with S, Chapter 15, section 2, pp. 425-430 (in
the References section of the help page).  However, on ?surf.gls, the See
Also section provides links to help pages describing expcov, gaucov, and
sphercov, so looking at See Also seems to be the general method you need.

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no