[R] help went away from top emacs window :-(

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Thu Nov 2 00:33:34 CET 2006

I've recently updated to R 2.4 and have noticed that when I type
?help.on.something in ESS from within emacs, the old text help doesn't
show up in the "other" (other being the horizontally split windows)
window. Instead the windows chm help file pops up. Is there any way to get
R to revert back to the old "simple text based help in the top window"
help?

I couldn't find anything on the ESS archives about this behavoir so I
thought I post a message here rather than revert back to an older version
of R for the time being...

Thanks,
Jeff.

---