[R] R and texmacs

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Nov 2 16:38:39 CET 2006

"nelson -" <nelson1977 at gmail.com> writes:

> hi all!
>   i'm using texmacs 1.0.6 together with R. My problem is that i can't
> display figure at all.. it display them in a graphical window, not in
> texmacs document.....

You might get better response in a texmacs forum.

I think the construction used is to say v() whenever you want to
generate a view of a plot inside texmacs, and you could probably do
worse than looking at the material at

http://email.eva.mpg.de/~lachmann/R-course-2006/index.htm

I believe Lachmann actually wrote the R plugin, so he should know what
he's doing. (Last I looked, there were things in the plugin, I wasn't
too happy with. In particular, there was no way to rerun all the R
code in sequence and no sequential order. One R process was running,
and the interface sort of assumed  R to be stateless, which of course
it isn't, so results on page 1 may depend on computations on page 20.
Improving the plugin would be a major project, though.)