[R] Res: graphics not find source

Bruno Grimaldo Martinho Churata churata at ufpr.br
Thu Nov 2 21:41:19 CET 2006

R or X[Edgy]

The problem is not with R. It is with font path settings for X. The
FontPath in /etc/X11/xorg.cong is not pointing to the correct
directories. I changed the lines (following a lead from here:
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=268024):

# FontPath "/usr/share/X11/fonts/misc"
# FontPath "/usr/share/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
# FontPath "/usr/share/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
# FontPath "/usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
# FontPath "/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1"
# FontPath "/usr/share/X11/fonts/100dpi"
# FontPath "/usr/share/X11/fonts/75dpi"

to these:

  FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc"
  FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic"
  FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled"
  FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled"
  FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1"
  FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi"
  FontPath "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi"
and it started working. However, a proper fix should be done in order to
set the font path correctly.

Bruno Churata