[R] help needed on data management

Alfred Xuan xzm_1999 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 04:40:35 CET 2006

Hi,

I am quite new in R, but want to try the
following data aggregation in R. The data has
three columns, and the fourth is what i am trying
to get. I created this in SAS, and would like to
learn to do it in R.

Here is some snapshot of the dataset. I have a
list of different users, and on different dates
(sorted), they had played several rounds of
plays. Date here is coded ascendingly. On each
date per user, I want to sum the total number of
plays for a span of 3 days counting backward. For
example, on the date of 16528 for user 1, the
back3 should the sum of 9+3+8=20. For those dates
that can only go back for less than 3 days, sum
the number of plays on available dates. For
example, on date 16527 for userid 1, there are
only 2 days, so the sum is 3+8=11.

Userid	plays	date	back3
1	8	16526	8
1	3	16527	11