[R] correaltion equal 1

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 3 18:36:55 CET 2006

On 11/3/06, Doran, Harold <HDoran at air.org> wrote:
> or, it could mean you need to recenter your time variable.

It probably indicates that the estimate of the variance-covariance
matrix for the random effects is singular.  If you refit the model
using lmer from the lme4 package and the estimate of the
variance-covariance matrix is singular, you will get a warning to that
effect.

As Harold mentioned, you may be able to avoid the problem by
re-centering the covariate.  However, this may also be a
characteristic of your data.