[R] Install RMySQL with R 2.4.0

Frank McCown fmccown at cs.odu.edu
Mon Nov 6 16:46:09 CET 2006

I noticed that RMySQL is now at version 0.5-10, but the libMySQL.dll and
RMySQL.dll files that are required for Windows are missing from the
distribution.  These files were present in previous versions of RMySQL,
and the installation instructions still state they are needed.

I have an older version of RMySQL working with R-2.3.0 on Windows XP,
but when I try to run RMySQL_0.5-10 with R-2.4.0 I get the following
error message:

 > library (RMySQL);
Error in library(RMySQL) : 'RMySQL' is not a valid package -- installed
< 2.0.0?

This is after updating the DBI package and installing RMySQL on R-2.4.0.
  Of course I wouldn't expect RMySQL_0.5-10 to work since the DLLs have
not been included in the distribution.

Does anyone have an updated email address for David A. James, the
maintainer for RMySQL?  The address included in the distribution appears
to be no longer valid.

Thanks,
Frank

--