[R] multivariate splines

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Nov 8 18:49:50 CET 2006

      You say, "I have looked at a few spline packages in R, but didn't
find what I was looking for.  Could somebody please point me in the
right direction?"  It's difficult to comment without more information on
what you've tried and why you thought it was not adequate.  Please
provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code,
explaining very briefly what you've tried and why it did not seem
satisfactory (as suggested in the posting guide
"www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html").  In case you are not familiar
with 'RSiteSearch', I just tried RSiteSearch("multivariate splines"):
It produced 45 hits, some of which might interest you.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves
p.s.  I received permission from Paul Dierckx to build an R package
using the the software associated with his book, "Curve and Surface
Fitting with Splines" (Oxford University Press, 1993).  However, I
haven't started on that project, partly because I'm not too familiar
with splines and partly for lack of time.  Dierckx's software seems to
allow the fitting minimal splines, and I have not found a package in R
that supports that.