[R] CPU or memory

Christos Hatzis christos at nuverabio.com
Wed Nov 8 19:10:57 CET 2006

Prof. Ripley,

Do you mind providing some pointers on how "coarse-grained parallelism"
could be implemented on a Windows environment?  Would it be as simple as
running two R-console sessions and then (manually) combining the results of
these simulations.  Or it would be better to run them as batch processes.
RSiteSearch('coarse grained') did not produce any hits so this topic might
have not been discussed on this list.

I am not really familiar with running R in any mode other than the default
(R-console in Windows) so I might be missing something really obvious. I am
interested in running Monte-Carlo cross-validation in some sort of a
parallel mode on a dual core (Pentium D) Windows XP machine.

Thank you.
-Christos

Christos Hatzis, Ph.D.
Nuvera Biosciences, Inc.