[R] Comparing models in multiple regression and hierarchical linear regression

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Nov 9 01:45:01 CET 2006

Good point, Hadley.

But for the purpose of discussion, then, what would you think about
5-way interactions?  Or ten-way interactions?  Surely one has to draw
the line somewhere.

I suppose that a generalization of my summary of that position would
be: ask yourself if you can interpret a term, whether that be by
looking at a table, or a graphic.   If not, then ask yourself why
you're considering it in the model.

Cheers,

Andrew

--
Andrew Robinson
Department of Mathematics and Statistics            Tel: +61-3-8344-9763