[R] Plotting symbols with two positions?

CG Pettersson cg.pettersson at evp.slu.se
Thu Nov 9 10:09:22 CET 2006

Thanks a lot to Demitris for a prompt answer some minutes ago on another
tread (see below). To avoid excess mails on the list, I move onto next
question:

I have another small plotting problem that confuses me. I want to plot
results from a field trial series, using the numbers of the trials as
symbols in the plot.

pch = as.character(trial_no)

works fine, but truncates the trial number to the first digit. As I have
sixteen trials in the series I get into problems....

How do I squeeze in two positions as a symbol in a plot?

All the best
/CG