[R] data storage/cubes and pointers in R

Tony Plate tplate at acm.org
Thu Nov 9 22:12:45 CET 2006

What kind of operations do you need to be able to do?  I frequently use
3 and higher dimensional arrays for storing data, and then I use
indexing operations to extract slices of data, or sometimes apply() and
friends to process the data.

The abind() function (in the 'abind' package) will bind together vectors
and arrays into higher dimensional arrays -- it might come in handy for you.

-- Tony Plate