[R] Which genetic optimization package allows customized crossover and mutation operation

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Nov 10 17:08:45 CET 2006

On 10 November 2006 at 16:19, sun wrote:
| No, I am not familiar with that project, actually never heard it before your
| reply.:)
|
| Anyway, I found some code later on from "Claudio Agostinelli" who developed
| this code for his teaching, I think. Unfortornuitly, his code does not work
| on my settings. And I do not want to send much time on the object oriented
| programing skill in R, so finally I went back to java for this GA work.

FWIW I did some recent work with the 'pgapack' C++ library, but I have no R
package for show for that.

Also, mail to your address bounces and you are not posting with a real
name. Both practices are frowned upon, so you may get fewer helpful replies
than you could otherwise expect.

Cheers, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison