[R] Which genetic optimization package allows customized crossover and mutation operation

sun flyhyena at yahoo.com.cn
Sat Nov 11 22:32:51 CET 2006

Hi Dirk,

  Thanks for the reply. I have some GA code in java actually, but failed to install the SJava package in windows XP, really frustratting experience, do not understand why no binary distribution available. Now I am trying to finish my current work purely in java except some data exchange with R via files:(.

  I use a fake email address in outlookexpress to prevent spam actually, (have already discard some email addresses for that reason). and .. Sun is my real name;)

   have a nice day.

  Sun

----- ԭʼÓʼþ ----
·¢¼þÈË£º Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>
ÊÕ¼þÈË£º sun <as at hut.at>
³­ËÍ£º r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
ÒÑ·¢ËÍ£º 2006/11/10(ÖÜÎå), ÏÂÎç5:08:45
Ö÷Ì⣺ Re: [R] Which genetic optimization package allows customized crossover and mutation operation

On 10 November 2006 at 16:19, sun wrote:
| No, I am not familiar with that project, actually never heard it before your
| reply.:)
|
| Anyway, I found some code later on from "Claudio Agostinelli" who developed
| this code for his teaching, I think. Unfortornuitly, his code does not work
| on my settings. And I do not want to send much time on the object oriented
| programing skill in R, so finally I went back to java for this GA work.

FWIW I did some recent work with the 'pgapack' C++ library, but I have no R
package for show for that.

Also, mail to your address bounces and you are not posting with a real
name. Both practices are frowned upon, so you may get fewer helpful replies
than you could otherwise expect.

Cheers, Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison