[R] Confidence interval for relative risk

Michael Dewey info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk
Sun Nov 12 13:51:31 CET 2006

At 12:35 12/11/2006, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
>Michael Dewey <info at aghmed.fsnet.co.uk> writes:
>
> > At 15:54 10/11/2006, Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion Wolfgang, but whatever the original authors
> > did that is not it.
>
>Did you ever say what result they got?
>
>         -p

No, because I did not want to use the original numbers in the
request. So as the snippet below indicates I changed the numbers. If
I apply Wolfgang's suggestion (which I had already thought of but
discarded) I get about 13 for the real example where the authors quote about 5.

My question still remains though as to how I can get a confidence
interval for the risk ratio without adding a constant to each cell.

Michael Dewey
http://www.aghmed.fsnet.co.uk