[R] hybrid in fisher.test broken?

Jonathan Dushoff dushoff at eno.princeton.edu
Mon Nov 13 21:18:30 CET 2006

The hybrid feature in fisher.test looks to me like an excellent way to
analyze my two-way tables.   The only problem is that it does not seem
to be implemented.  Am I right about this?

An example is pasted below.  I note that I get the warning message only
when I shouldn't: for a 2x2 table hybrid seems to be ignored without
warning.  In no case does fisher.test seem to be checking Cochran
criteria as promised.

Any help will be appreciated.

JD

R : Copyright 2006, The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)

.
.
.

> m = matrix(10*1:9, nc=3)
> fisher.test(m, hybrid=TRUE)
Error in fisher.test(m, hybrid = TRUE) : FEXACT error 6.
LDKEY is too small for this problem.
Try increasing the size of the workspace.
In addition: Warning message:
'hybrid' is ignored for a 2 x 2 table in: fisher.test(m, hybrid = TRUE)