[R] trouble loading example package

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Thu Nov 16 06:32:08 CET 2006

Greetings:

I've installed Rtools, MikTeX, perl, minGW, and HTML Help Workshop, and have
succeeded in making, checking (using R CMD check mypkg) then building the
simple example package.skeleton(list=c("f","g","d","e"), name="mypkg")  R
CMD build mypkg produces a tarball.  I don't know how to get a zip file.

But when I try to Install package(s) from local zip files, I get this error
message:

Error in gzfile(file, "r") : unable to open connection
In addition: Warning messages:
1: error -1 in extracting from zip file
2: cannot open compressed file 'mypkg/DESCRIPTION'

But when I click on that file in the tarball it opens and shows me what I
expected.

I had hoped that I had weathered the hard part - building the package - but
I still need some help:

1) How do I get a zipped file, rather than a tarball,
2) How do I install what I've built?

Thanks in advance.

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com