[R] question about capscale (vegan)

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 18:35:47 CET 2006

Hi Alicia,

On 11/16/06, Alicia Amadoz <Alicia.Amadoz at uv.es> wrote:

> 'comm' argument. I don't understand what type of data must be referred
> as 'species scores' and 'community data frame' since my data refer to
> nucleic distances between different sequences.

comm would be the original data from which you calculated the
dissimilarity matrix, so that scores can be calculated for the
individual variables. These analyses were designed for use
with vegetation data in the form of a matrix with sites as rows
and species as columns, and containing some measure of
abundance for each species at each site.

If you don't have an original data frame, that is, your data come only
in the form of distances, you will need a different implementation
of constrained ordination. Alternately, you could possibly modify
the function to skip the species scores step.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.stringpage.com