[R] Problem with "vegan" package from Koeln mirror

Herman, Peter P.Herman at nioo.knaw.nl
Fri Nov 17 09:18:55 CET 2006

Hi all,

I had serious problems when downloading the 'vegan' package from the
Koeln mirror site. The package refused to start up. I re-installed the
latest version of R for Windows (2.4.0), but this did not help. The
problem was solved by simply downloading the package from another mirror
(Frankfurt). Maybe the version on the Koeln mirror is not up to date??
Anyway, my own problem is solved, but this may be a warning if you would
experience similar problems.

Peter Herman
NIOO, Yerseke