[R] problem with the plm package

Giangiacomo Bravo gbravo at eco.unibs.it
Wed Nov 22 11:01:32 CET 2006

Hi all,

I have a problem in installing and using the plm
package using R 2.2.0 on windows xp.

I installed it from a .zip file downloaded from
the CRAN. Apparently everything is ok:
 > utils:::menuInstallLocal()
package 'plm' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
updating HTML package descriptions

However, when I try to load it:
 > library(plm)
Errore in lazyLoadDBfetch(key, datafile, compressed, envhook) :
         ReadItem: tipo 241 sconosciuto
Inoltre: Warning message:
il pacchetto 'plm' è stato creato con R versione 2.4.0
Errore: caricamento pacchetto/namespace fallito per 'plm'

Sorry I installed R in Italian, but that should
be easy to understand. "Errore" means, of course,
error and "sconosciuto" means unknown. Basically
the package cannot be loaded because there is an
unknowwn item (at least, that's what I understand).

Does anybody have an idea of the problem?

Thank you,

Giangiacomo